Learn About Our Courses
WELDING CERTIFICATION AT VTI – PHOENIX
Welded metal holds together trains, bridges and planes, and welding is used in everything from manufacturing to aerospace applications. When two otherwise separate pieces of metal become one, creating something bigger and stronger, that’s the work of a welder. The Brooklyn Bridge. The Apollo 11 that put the first man on the moon. Those masterpieces were made possible by welding, too.
Industries that rely on welders and mechanical technicians are becoming more technical, so the education they receive is also evolving. At Vocational Training Institute, you’ll get up-to-date hands-on training in the latest techniques and procedures used on the job site. We provide you with all of the equipment and materials you need to participate in practical labs, from safety goggles to earplugs to tools and spark lighters. Many VTI students go on to be certified welding inspectors, welding engineers, welding technicians, and so much more.
Our Welding Training Program can be completed in just 6 weeks during day classes or 14 weeks with our convenient evening classes. We also have additional welding programs that include:
- Advanced Welding Technician Training: A 150-hour program for experienced welders to advance their skills.
- Process Piping Welding Training: An 80-hour program that focuses on welding process piping and components in the food, beverage, dairy, and pharmaceutical manufacturing industries.
Is a Career in Welding Technology Right for You?
The fun, online quiz takes 3 minutes to complete and you’ll get a personalized report. Identify your strengths and social style plus the training and positions you’re best suited for. Get your Welding Technology Career Training Readiness Score Now!
Welding Program Topics
- OSHA 10-Hour Safety
- Construction Drawings
- Oxyfuel Cutting
- Base Metal Preparations
- WELD Quality
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Joint Fit-Up and Alignment
- Welding Symbols and Print Reading
- Physical Characteristics and Mechanical Properties of Metals
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Preheating and Postheating of Metals
- Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
A Look Inside
Why Vocational Training Institute?
VTI’s welding certification programs prepare graduates with the skills they need to launch their careers. With over 287 available training hours and a front-row seat to real-world applications of welding, students develop a strong foundation in the fundamentals. This prepares new graduates for an entry-level job, giving them the confidence they need to succeed out in the field.